and Strategy Lean
Business Practices ERP
for Lean Customer
Focused People Six
> Manufacturing Terms & Definitions
5S’s -- Method of creating a self-sustaining culture that
perpetuates a neat, clean, efficient work place. Specifically:
- • Sort (Seiri) -- Clearly distinguish between what is
needed and kept, and what is unneeded and thrown out.
• Straighten (Seiton) -- Organize the way that necessary
things are kept, making it easier for anyone to find, use, and
return them to their proper location.
• Shine (Seiso) -- Keep things clean -- floors swept, machines
and furniture clean, all areas neat and tidy.
• Standardize (Seiketsu) -- Maintain and improve the first
three "S’s" in addition to personal orderliness
• Sustain (Shitsuke) -- Achieve the discipline or habit
of property maintaining the correct procedures.
Learn more about 5S Implementation
and Why are These Men Smiling?